Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Like Arrows in The Hands of The Mighty Warrior

We dedicated the girls at church this past Sunday. It was especially special as the other two couples who did it with us were our good friends. Also special because out of the four kids being dedicated, three were Ethiopian-pretty cool!
Pure cuteness (sporting my high heals-one of her favorite things to play with!
All dressed up. The kids all love to wear their Ethiopian clothes. We also celebrated with a meal at our local Ethiopian restaurant. The girls ate so much of that yummy food that their bellies were protruding by the end of the meal. Tasted like home-they couldn't get enough. I've cooked some, but I've never gotten the injera quite right. They definitely got it right on Sunday. Hermela said, "mommy, why you can't make it like this?" I told her, "well, I'm not from Ethiopia." Sure wish I could though-I'll have to practice a little more.


Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one's youth.
Psalm 127:4

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture. Thanks for letting us be a part of your family's special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a special day- love the attire! :)

    just wanted to thank you for doing that post a while back about the books you recommend. i bought the book One Million Arrows and canNOT put it down... it is JUST what i needed to read at this EXACT moment in my life! thanks so much!

    was wondering if you were on fb? if so and you want to be FB friends, my name is amanda landry salemi. we are like-minded and i love have those kinds of friends! :)

    ReplyDelete