Sunday, February 5, 2012

IT MATTERS

This is our sponsor child Meseret in Ethiopia. I had the chance to visit her at the Trees of Glory care point when I travelled to bring Rahel home this past May.



The day after we received the profiles for the kids at Fond Blanc Haiti, I received this letter in the mail from Meseret. We've received several of these letters since we started sponsoring her. This one was extra special because it also came with an Ethiopian Christmas card. Here's what she wrote:



How are you doing whom that I love? I am doing well. I am so thankful for your support. May God bless you. I wish you happy, peaceful and healthy new year.



On the back, there is a place for her to ask a question and ask for prayer. Here's what she wrote:



When would you come to Ethiopia again? Pray for me to fear God and to be a smart student.




When she asked when I would come to Ethiopia again, it just melted my heart. I'm so excited that I will actually be able to go again this year. I feel so lucky-my next trip will make four times that I've been able to travel to this beautiful country in just over 2 years time-can't wait to hug her again and let her know that Jesus loves her and so do we.



Because of our relationship with our sponsor child in Ethiopia, I know just how valuable this relationship is. One of the most powerful things we get to do as sponsors is pray for our children.



These six new faces are currently on our fridge. I gave each of our kids one of these dear children from Fond Blanc to pray for a family to sponsor each of them.


So far, I've been able to put a star on four of the six to represent that they've been sponsored.



My two sweet girls were given these two sweet sisters to pray for.


Hermela has Manoucheca


Rahel has Kerline

Each morning, they've asked if their girls have found a sponsor family yet. Each morning, I've told them "not yet, but keep praying."

If you are interested in sponsoring one of these precious girls, please email me at jirvin79@gmail.com .


Believe me, IT MATTERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment