Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Love God 1000


A while back while I was cooking one day, Meron twirled around the kitchen listing all the people she loved.  
One thing you have to know about Meron is this girl can talk!  Oh my can she can talk up a storm.  

So, off she went, "I love mommy 100, I love daddy 100, I love Eli 100, I love Hermela 100".......on and on she went down the list of family members.  Then she paused and looked up at me and said with all seriousness, "but I love God 1000!"

Meron has had a hard time grasping concepts in school.  We work and struggle and work some more to learn each day.  But one thing that she doesn't struggle with is knowing Jesus loves her and knowing that He is to be loved above all other things.

If she learns nothing else in this world, she has learned the most important thing already!


Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. 
Luke 18:17

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jessica...I love this post. Mihret also struggles with her school work, and I am telling myself all the time to remember the truth...that the one thing she needs to learn is to love the Lord with all her heart and soul and mind and strength. It's always good to get that reminder. What a precious family you have. I always love reading your posts. Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete