Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Round Two


I sent our application to our new agency this morning. We enclosed a letter stating our desire to adopt two little girls on their waiting child list. Nothing is official yet, but once our application is reviewed and accepted (which shouldn't be a problem) they will be officially referred to us and we will start the process of passing court in Ethiopia and bringing them home. We are praying for God's provision in this matter and trying not to get too excited about everything (which is extremely hard once you've seen their little faces).

We take comfort in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This was one of the scriptures cited in my bible study this morning. It is amazing how God continues to speak to us through His word and reveal his plan.

We don't know how this will all work out, but we know that God can do all things. This may not have been the "plan" that we were on, but Isaiah 55:8-11 states "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, " declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, My thoughts, than your thoughts..... We're relieved to know that we don't have to have it all figured out. God is doing that part and we just have to follow Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment