Wednesday, February 20, 2019

December 2018 part 2

After Christmas we headed over to the beach for a few days.  I've always lived within an hour drive of the ocean up until the last few years and I miss it.  It is one of my favorite places to be.

 



We took the most wonderful walk on the shore and found so many treasures along the way.









It was Colon's 11th birthday and this walk was such a blessing. 






He's a handsome one. 


Boys at play.


I love watching them all playing together.



Girls getting in a nice run.


Of course there was a competition.






And what's a beach trip if you don't bury someone?






Soaking it all up.



My happy place.






The sunshine was so good for our souls.


We made it back from the beach in time for Colton's traditional dirt cake. 



And celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary the next day.


Of course the highlight of our trip was spending time with precious friends and family.


We even managed a roadside get together with the Drakes on our drive back home.


And that wraps up 2018

I guess at the end of a year we are suppose to reflect.  As I reflect back on 2018, I can see God's hand in all of the highs and lows.  My wish for the new year (which is already in it's 2nd month as I write this) is for TIME.  Time spent with the Lord and time well spent with those I love so dearly. 

Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Pslam 90:12




No comments:

Post a Comment