Friday, October 9, 2009

Labor of Love




I sent our second dossier off this evening. I had all 3 kids with me while I made 271 copies for our dossier (they each ate 3 tootsie roll pops while they waited (the were the mini ones, so it's not as bad as it sounds). Our agency requires 7 copies of the entire document which amounted to about 2 .5 inches of paperwork when I stacked it all up. Regrettably, I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to take my word for it. It was a massive mailing.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but I happened to call our old agency last month and ask them if the had sent our dossier away yet. It had been 3 months already, so I was certain they would have already sent it, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Well, they had not sent it yet and they were able to ship the whole thing back to me. This saved me the trouble of reordering birth certificates, getting employment letters, medical clearance letters.....another one of God's provisions in this whole thing.

So now we enter into another waiting phase. The dossier will be sent to the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC for authentication and then onto Ethiopia for translation. Hopefully everything will be ready for us to apply for a court date by early November. A court date could be assigned as early as mid December. Please pray for a smooth process from this point on.

No comments:

Post a Comment