Saturday, November 21, 2009

Care Package #2








I just sent the girls these care packages. They will travel first to a family in California that leaves on December 3rd (our court date) to pick up their baby girl, then to our girls. I'm really excited for them to receive the packages as they both have picture albums of our family. Last time, I only had time to grab a family photo that we already had laying around to send. I found a really cool website that had the Amharic words for mommy, daddy, we love you, sister...written in their own language. I don't know if H can read yet, but at least her nannies will be able to tell her what the book says.

We also sent them word books, mini m&ms, socks and hair combs. I had bought a little play dough set, but I couldn't get it to fit--maybe next time (hopefully I'll only have one more month that I'll need to send a care package).

One week and five days until court (12 DAYS!!!!). I really tried not to get excited for this, but I just can't help it. I wake up every morning with butterflies in my stomach and my mind racing. My planning brain has already decided that this would be an ideal time to pass because Nick and I both have time off from work during Christmas, the kids don't have school and our parents all have some time off as well, which will make it a lot easier to get the rooms done . We're planning on switching the boys back to the smaller room to make room for my three little girls, so we have to paint, clean out dressers and closets and buy all the girls new beds...lots to do if we pass. Pray, pray, pray for a successful court date!

No comments:

Post a Comment