Friday, July 13, 2012

ANSWERS



So my last post on provisions prompted this post on answers.   The fact that we are even adopting again is a big answer to prayer.  This journey to our boy has been filled with answered prayer and God has even blessed me with a special group of friends to share those answers with.

I've mentioned before that I have been so blessed to have "met" five other moms who are all adopting from Ethiopia (one is a local friend and four I have never actually met, but feel like I have and hope to one day).  We are all waiting for our babies to come home and every morning since the beginning of May, we've prayed for each other and our babies at 7:30.  We have prayed especially that God would grant us all court dates before the courts close for the rainy season.

God has done some amazing things through this group so far and we are all trusting him to continue to move in our cases.  So far, one family has been to court (at just the right time) and passed, favorable test results have been received, two more families were submitted to court this week--one already got a court date assigned (and it is before the rainy season closures) and God has given us all peace that surpasses all understanding along with a bond between us that could only be from him.

And the lessons we are learning--they are many.

nothing is impossible for God
“For nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37

delight yourself in the Lord
Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

pray with thanksgiving
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

wait patiently
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret….Psalm 37:7



wait expectantly
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

do not be discouraged
....This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.
 2 Chronicle 20:15

have faith--and do not waver
"Amen, I say to you, if you have faith and do not waver, not only will you do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' it will be done. Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive." Matthew 21: 18-22

pray with confidence
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

the Lord answers prayers
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
 Psalm 40:1

All of these verses have been given to me or one of the moms praying in our group.  I love it when scripture speaks directly to us.  We are praying with thanksgiving, confidence and faith that God would bless us and the other families still waiting with a court date before the rainy season and that we would all pass and have our babies home with us very soon.

I say again:

For nothing is impossible with God!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,
    I LOVE this post! Each one of these scriptures completely comforts me - with our adoption. Thanks for sharing them.
    I wanted to share something that has also blessed my life enormously with answers to prayers. Fasting - it works wonders for me bigtime when I need to draw upon the powers of heaven. I learned at an early age - the power of skipping two meals - when I have especially needed the Lord's help with something important. I have been fasting regularly from the beginning of our adoption and I have seen mountains moved and miracles abound. I just thought I would share. I will keep your family in my prayers as well :)

    ReplyDelete