Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What I've Learned

I lost a dear friend on Friday after her courageous fight with cancer ended.  

Gina was just 33 years old--same as me.  She leaves behind her husband (married 10 years--same as me) and three precious children-a boy, a girl and a baby boy (same as me--before our Ethiopian children joined the clan :-)  She graduated from Florida State University School of Nursing in 2001-same as me and worked in the neonatal intensive care unit after college-same as me.

Most importantly though, she loved Jesus--same as me!

I had to dig deep to find a picture of us together.  This one is 6 years old--she was expecting her first child as we awaited the birth of Caroline.




Our lives took many similar turns and I am so thankful that God crossed our paths on this earth and that we will once again cross paths in heaven. 

 Through her life and especially during the past 21 months that she fought to live, she taught me and so many others countless lessons.

1. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.
2. Love your spouse deeply.
3. Love your children and enjoy every little detail and moment.
4. Love your neighbor/friend as yourself.
5. Life is short--have some fun!
6. Laughter is often the best medicine.
7. Take time to catch up with old friends.
 8. Take time to make new ones.
9. Smile often.
10. Pray continually.
11. Always have hope.
12.  Take what life gives you and make the most of it.
13. Don't take people or time for granted.
14. There's always room for chili cheese fries.
15. and for goodness sake, take updated pictures with your friends :-)

Gina never lost her faith in God and was always ready to share how the Lord sustained her throughout this trial life had thrown her.  

May we all have a joyful spirit, steadfast faith and the hope of Jesus that she embraced and may Christ's love abide in us as it did in her so that those that we meet will be as blessed as those who met Gina.


In loving memory of my friend
Gina DeMarr McReynolds
safe at home 6/29/12



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry! I'm so glad she died in Jesus, with the hope of the resurrection, and being reunited with her friends and family again. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete