Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Days






We took an impromptu snow trip this past weekend and had a blast. The grandparents called last week to say they had gotten almost a foot of snow and Nick decided we should drive up. That's the great thing about home schooling-you can take a field trip whenever you want. I assigned the kids homework while we were there and tested them all in their snow ball making, snowman building, sledding and snow angel making abilities. Aside from some freezing toes and fingers, they all pasted the tests with flying colors.

I've never seen more than a little hill of snow myself. Never snow covering "eby where" (like Colton kept saying). Snow was everywhere, and it was beautiful and so much fun for the kids. While we enjoyed every second of it, I sure am glad we were just visiting. After two days, I had my fill of snow bibs, hats, mittens, socks and snow boots. Glad to be home and enjoying the 72 degree day!

2 comments:

  1. You guys did such a great job with the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a California girl myself and can relate to only enjoying the snow for small amounts of time. But, it looks like your kiddos had a great time.

    ReplyDelete