Saturday, January 22, 2011

Trees of Glory Update

It's been about a month since our "Christmas Trees of Glory" livestock fundraiser ended. Through many generous donors, all but $270 that was needed for this project (read here for details) were raised! I was overwhelmed by the way God moved during the fundraiser, providing over $5000 in about 4 weeks ($3000 of that in the last 4 days!!!). It was amazing to watch emails pour in from donors from across the country willing to give to a community of kids across the world.

That being said, we still need to raise $270 to complete this project and ensure that the land at Trees of Glory is protected for the nearly 100 children that are now being ministered to there.

Having started with a goal of $5600 and seeing God move mountains, $270 seems like a drop in the bucket. So here's my proposition. Nick and I will be travelling for court for "R" next month. We have the amazing opportunity to not only meet our newest daughter, but to also meet our sponsor daughter Meseret and her friends at Trees of Glory. I'd love to be able to visit Trees of Glory knowing that the land is safe and that the care point has all of the funds that they need to complete the barn and purchase the livestock needed to occupy the land there.

So, I was thinking that with just 9 days left in January, we could all work together again to raise the remaining $270. That's just $30 a day for the next 9 days. Or, just 9 donors giving a gift of $30. Or, 10 donations of $27. Or, 27 donations of $10.....you get the point. It's not going to take much to make this project a reality for the kids at Trees of Glory. If just a few of us come together and make a teeny, tiny sacrifice (I mean really, a trip to the movies is $10.50 a person now-can't we all spare $10???), then we can easily meet our goal of raising $270 by the end of the month.

To make a donation, go to http://www.hopechest.org/ (from the home page, click on the orange GIVE button on the far right side at the top of the page)

Under "Gift Information," click on "choose a fund" and select "designated gifts"

Then write in your gift amount .

Then (this is the important part) under the "notes field" be sure to add in the Trees of Glory Livestock Fund code which is "ET2119000 LIVESTOCK."

Finally, add in your info and follow the prompts to complete your donation.

Once you complete your donation, send me an email at jirvin79@gmail.com with your donation amount so that we can make sure that your donations went to the correct fund.

Simple as that. Hopefully, by the end of January, I'll be posting the good news that all the funds have been raised and the kids and staff at TOG will be able to rest peacefully in the knowledge that their land is safe.


Feel free to link to this post and pass the word on.




Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." John 21:16

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, I'm not sure how to reach out to you other than post here. :) My sister & brother in law, Lindsay & Shannon were with you in Ethiopia when you picked up your daughters. They adopted my wonderful niece, Vera. Linds shared your blog and I've read and loved all you have to say. I haven't even shared with LIndsay yet, but we have decided to move forward with pursuing adoption. I have a lot of questions, and since you adopted children, (not babies,) I would really love to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. You can email me at dorazio1@cox.net, or call at 623-418-1113. Thank you so much! Lana

    ReplyDelete