Friday, December 2, 2011

Some More Special Days


Well, it seems we're on a roll over here with special days.


On November 17th, our sweet Meron asked Jesus into her heart.

We were sitting in the living room folding laundry and she said, "You know mom, I'm going to ask Jesus into my heart." I said, "You are? When are you going to do that?" She said, "Right now." And so she did. We prayed together and all the kids cheered and hugged her. The whole rest of the weekend, she kept saying, "Mom, I'm so happy I asked Jesus into my heart."

So are we!



Meron has the sweetest heart-full of love. She loves the Lord with "faith like a child." It's the kind of love we should all have-pure and without reservation. We are so excited to see what plans the Lord has in store for her and pray she always follows him with all her heart.




So, we have these conversations about Jesus and salvation and what it really means to be a Christian all the time. It's one of my very favorite parts about home schooling-we get to spend lots of time talking about Jesus.


On Tuesday, we were learning our verse for the week:

John 14:6-Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

As we discussed what that meant, we got into the crucifixion, resurrection, salvation......I asked the kids, "Now, who has come to the Father through Jesus." The four that had, raised their hands. Rahel just glanced around. I could tell she was really pondering it all.



So, I asked her if she had ever asked Jesus into her heart in Ethiopia. I knew she was taught about God and that she and her family went to church, but now that we have the language to understand each other better, I could finally ask her that question. She said she didn't know.


So here's where the other kids joined in. Hermela said, "You can ask him right now!" All the kids got really excited. Then Caleb broke down her options for her, "Rahel, he said firmly. Do you want to burn in fire with Satan? Or, do you want to live with Jesus?" Well, kind of a brunt approach, but at least he's evangelising. Got to love some positive peer pressure.



So, I asked her if she wanted to pray to ask Jesus into her heart and she smiled and said yes.


I held her hand and when she looked up, she had tears in her eyes. They kids hugged her and we told her the angels were celebrating in heaven.



Then, we talked some about how their earthly adoption into our family is like the heavenly adoption that we all experience when we are "adopted" into God's family as sons and daughters.


We tell our children often that God has great plans for their lives. That night, I told Rahel again that God must really have a special plan for her to bring her all the way to America so she could accept Jesus into her heart. She just smiled and nodded her head.



Now, the kids keep saying, we just need Colton to pray so our whole family will be Christians.

We look forward to that day and pray that our family will live our lives as followers of Christ-loving him and loving others.

For "Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved." Romans 10:13

In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment