Sunday, April 8, 2012

Couldn't Miss It

While I've been missing out on most of life lately, there were two things this weekend that I just couldn't miss.

The first was seeing our friends Clay and Neely bring their sweet daughter Ada home from Ethiopia.

Ada is just the prettiest baby. None of my pictures turned out very well, but she's got the cutest smile and the best little personality. I know she will be an absolute joy to her new family. So excited to have her here to join the rest of the kiddos that have come home from Ethiopia. It is such a blessing to see friend after friend decide to take the leap and follow God's call to bring these children into their families. I love airport home comings!


The second thing I just couldn't miss was church this morning to celebrate Easter.

First, the kids got to see their Easter treats. I always go practical, so they got new color coded bath towels and wash cloths along with new bathing suits. Nick, my mom and mother-in-law did all the shopping for me and my mom filled the baskets. I love seeing six of anything and feel so blessed to have a house filled with children.

We even made the first purchase for our new baby boy in his signature color of red-so exciting for me to see a seventh set of towels-makes it all seem a little more real that one day relatively soon we'll have our last little
baby home.

Then it was off to church.
I've missed going to church so much these past few weeks.
Makes me feel disconnected.

This week was an awesome celebration of Christ's
redemptive love for us and the hope found in Jesus.

These scriptures stood out to me in light of recent events our family has experienced:

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 1:7
And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


took my neck brace off for the family photo :-)
Thankful for the joy and peace that we have found as we trust and find our HOPE in the Lord!

Happy Easter

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect Easter present Ada is for your friends! Love all those matching dresses too. Happy Easter to you all!

    ReplyDelete