Wednesday, July 6, 2011

She Dreams In English




Our Rahel is quite the sleep talker. I noticed it on the first night in Ethiopia. She'd talk several times through the night, but I'd only catch a word or two here or there.




When we visited Nick's family last week, we all slept in his parent's basement. One night Nick and I were getting into bed when we heard her start up again, but this time instead of Tigriniya, she was speaking English.




I guess her mind is starting to make the switch.




She's also making good bonding progress. When she first got home, we'd tuck her into bed, kiss her and tell her we love her. At first, we got no response to that. Lately, she pulls us in for a big hug, kisses our cheek back and says, "I love you to mommy/daddy."




A few nights ago, after hugging and kissing all the girls, Caroline said, "I forgot to hug you mommy." So I gave her another hug. Rahel then said, "me no kiss" so that I'd give her one more kiss before I left the room. She thought that was so funny :-)




I'm so glad to see her start to open up and settle in with our family.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Love is the universal language :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so wonderful to hear Rahel is doing well! I see her every time I look at pictures of our little ones and I see the one where Rahel is holding our little girl. I just love it to see she held her and loved her!!

    ReplyDelete