Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Message From My Friends

While I was at Trees of Glory, I had the privilege of speaking with Girma and Simret (care manager and director at TOG) about the difficulties and limitations that they experience daily due to their great need for clean water. After only meeting them twice, I count them as some of my dearest friends. It is not every day that I've had the experience of meeting people with such loving hearts and such a clear devotion to the Lord and His command to care for the least of these. Listen below as these two amazing people share their hearts and their struggles with you.

What I love most about this clip is how clearly they articulate the partnership that we as sponsors and members of the family of God are in with them. They talk of us as "serving along side of them in the kingdom of the Lord." I pray that we will not take that partnership lightly. They are in the trenches each day happily caring for more than 100 children under fairly tough conditions. Let's work as they do--with our whole hearts--to provide them with the resources that they need to continue to do that.






To donate directly to the Trees of Glory Well Fund, go to http://www.hopechest.org/


click on the GIVE button


go to "designated gifts" and enter the amount of your donation


in the "reference number" enter ET2119000


in the "notes" section, specify TREES OF GLORY WELL

No comments:

Post a Comment