Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Birth Order

As we've mentioned before, our last agency discouraged us from placing children out of birth order. The following is a link from a mom that had three biological children and has since adopted 6 Ethiopian children. I think her explanation of birth order and "displacement" of children from their birth order is right on. Our current children's birth order is technically being preserved (Caleb is still the oldest, Caroline is still in the middle, and Colton is still the baby-a role he is excelling in these days). However, if we had focused on only bringing children home that were younger than Colton (as our last agency required), we would have missed out on our sweet girls. Blessings from Ethiopia: A Greater Capacity#links#links#links#links (scroll up once you go to the link to see the post).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica. It's Tonya wet met at Dawna's house for the last Ethiopia Adopt group. I haven't checked you blog in a while so I didn't know what was going on. Congratulations to you and your family on the referral of your girls. I am so excited for you.
    I have been with my daughter Senait since Sept 14. She is a blessing. I look forward to seeing pictures of your girls at our next meeting next month. Tonya

    ReplyDelete