Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're Off!!







We left this morning for DC and will board Ethiopian Airlines early tomorrow morning. We've been soooo busy this past month with Christmas, 3 birthdays, our anniversary, switching and preparing the kids' rooms and packing. Oh the PACKING. Now that it is done, I feel like I can relax and enjoy the ride. I've had information overload for weeks-can't shut it off-wake up all through the night with to do lists running through my head. Now that we've done all the prep work, all there is left "to do" is board the plane and meet our girls! I think I will sleep well tonight.

Keep praying. We know it works. We've been praying specifically that our baggage will all get to Ethiopia and nothing will be lost. As we got off the escalator today to wait for our baggage, we saw it coming out on the conveyor belt. All four pieces. Doesn't sound too impressive, but it was because ours was the only luggage out. Not another piece of luggage was their, just all four of ours-at the exact moment that we came to the baggage claim area. Maybe I'm reaching, but I think we just experienced a small baggage miracle (or maybe someone just did their job). We're hoping the miracle will continue on our next leg.

We also got to make a little snowman in DC. They had a big snow storm last week and there are still piles everywhere from when the roads were cleared. This is the most snow I've ever seen, so it was a nice surprise to be able play a little in the snow.

We'll update if we're able.

No comments:

Post a Comment