Saturday, June 5, 2010

Trees of Glory

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

I know I've been posting a lot lately about the Children's Hopechest sponsorship program, but I feel the need to post again as I've learned more through my correspondance with the Trees of Glory coordinator. I found out that only 35% of the kids there currently have sponsors. That means that about 56 kids still need sponsors.

In order for Children's Hopechest to be able to provide a regular feeding program for these children, they need for at least 60% of the kids to be sponsored.

This is a new care-point in Ethiopia, so they are just starting to get services to these needy children. We have the opportunity to partner with Children's Hopechest at the ground level and help bring about change in the lives of these kids.

Sponsorship is especially crucial right now because as I mentioned above, without it the kids at Tress of Glory are not able to recieve the benefit of a full feeding program. It is heart wrenching to think that these children are not receiving regular meals. We've all felt hunger pangs, but very few of us actually know what it feels like to be hungry. My sweet girls know the fear of starvation. They've had to wait, sometimes for days, for food. They've witnessed their mother going to church to pray for injera and money for food. Our next meal is something that we all take for granted. We know that we will have a next meal. Our biggest dilemma is WHAT we will eat. For the kids being served at Trees of Glory and so many others, they live with the daily fear of IF they will eat or not.

It is not right.

We must do something.

We have an opportunity to make a difference.

The children need you.

They are hungry.


Will you help feed ONE??????

Please contact the Trees of Glory representative today at kjwistrom@yahoo.com. Your sponsorship will help meet the very basic need of food and help forge relationships of hope with children who desperately need to know they matter.

Please visit www.family-from-afar.blogspot.com and view the June 3rd post "my brother and me" to see pictures of two precious brothers that are hoping for a sponsor.

Defending the Fatherless

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment