Friday, November 5, 2010

Making Room For One More

We were able to send our dossier off on Monday and our immigration paperwork today. The dossier is like compiling a small book of all the details, clearances, references and records of our family. It was 30 pages, but with all of the required copies, the grand total came to 180 pages in all. What a relief to send that off. Now, everything that we're responsible for in the paperwork process is complete. We can sit back and enjoy the wait (patiently of course).

This is before I made copies.
My father-in-law built the girls' beds when we were waiting for Hermela and Meron. I love them and the girls love sleeping in the same room together.

When we found out we'd be adding one more girl, my father-in-law was able to add a fourth bed right under Meron's bunk. It was surely meant to be a room for four girls. We can't wait until the fourth bed is filled. I told him these sturdy space saving beds would be a hit in the adoption/larger family circuit and that he should start up a little business.



We've also been able to send off two care packages so far. This one should be delivered in a few weeks by another mom who is travelling to the care center where "R" is. I can't wait to see pictures from that trip!


Preparing for "R" makes the whole thing seem a little more real and each step we take to get ready makes the wait a little harder.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! So excited for you all! I love the beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunk beds!!! So excited for your family! We are also adopting again. A 9 year old boy from Ethiopia! My best friend is going to adopt his best friend! We are so excited.
    I can't believe how fast you pulled your dossier together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beds. It seems to be working out so well. I can't believe you have the dossier sent off already. Amazing. We are so happy for you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!! Our dossier just got to Ethiopia a month ago (October 1st). I can't believe it's already been that long! My brother loves the beds and says that he wants beds like those in his room :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete