Monday, February 27, 2012

LAST CALL

Remember my two little friends that were waiting for a sponsor family?


Kerline above and her sister Manoucheca below

Guess what?

They're still waiting.


*****UPDATE, THANKS TO MY FRIENDS THE ROBERSONS, THESE PRECIOUS SISTERS HAVE FOUND A SPONSOR FAMILY AND ARE NO LONGER WAITING!
THANKS SO MUCH!!*****


I'm actually really surprised that my girls are still waiting. I started out with 4 boys and these 2 girls. All of my boys now have sponsor families, but these sisters still wait.

I keep thinking that surely some family will come along and see that these girls are waiting, and that they're sisters, and you can't break up sisters, so they'll sponsor both of them.

So far, that hasn't happened, so now I need your help.

Each day, at least 100 people view this blog.

I'd be willing to bet that a good number of those viewers use facebook, email or have a blog of their own. You all have the power to reach people that I will never come in contact with.

I would LOVE IT if you all would take a small leap of faith and just pass this post along to spread the word about my two girls.


Here's what you need to know:

Every day, these sweet sisters struggle for the basics. Each day, they wake up without the security of basic necessities that we don't give a second thought to--like clean water and a meal.

We had the opportunity to meet the pastor that cares for these girls and the 40 other orphaned and vulnerable kids at Fond Blanc and he describe how they usually only have enough food to feed the kids one meal a day and for that he is grateful

But, sometimes the money is just not there for a meal, so they give the kids sugar water and bread so they will at least have something to fill there bellies.

As I sat at our friends table and listened to the faith of this pastor--all I could picture was these precious children gratefully receiving their sugar water--their one meal for the day.

And all I could think was "this is not right."


There's got to be something we can do.


And there is.


Our small group has partnered with Children's Hopechest to not only provide nutritious, consistent meals to these girls, but also education, basic medical care and most importantly Christian discipleship so that the kids at Fond Blanc know that they matter to God and are not forgotten.

But, this doesn't happen without faithful sponsor families who step up and say "YES-I will be the difference for one of the least of these. I'll give $34 a month" (I know times are tight, but this is really such a small sacrifice when you consider the many ways we spend $34-like a trip to the movies, a dinner out, a coffee or two a week....).

On Wednesday, I have to return these two sister's profiles to our sponsorship coordinator. I would love to return them to her with the assurance that they have found sponsor families.

So, this is it.


LAST CALL


If you would like to literally change the life of one or both of these girls, please email me at jirvin79@gmail.com for the details.

I can assure you, you'll be glad you did.

And remember, if you have access to any type of social media (or word of mouth for that matter), please consider passing this post along.


*****Although these two are sponsored now, there are still about 10 kids still waiting for families at Fond Blanc. To learn more, visit Fondly Blanc or email me at the address above.*****

No comments:

Post a Comment