Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ethiopia Bound

Praise the Lord for granting us a true miracle--WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!!
August 8th I'll stand before a judge in Ethiopia and we're praying we will officially become parents for the 7th time on that day!!

Sometimes when I say "seven kids" out loud it really sounds like a lot of kids.
But, mostly it sounds just right--our seven from heaven--can't get much luckier than that.

Today I got to go shopping with my mom for all the things I'll need to take care of my little guy for the few days that I'm there for court.  I threw myself a little shower at Target--I had forgotten how fun picking out baby stuff was.

I can't wait to cuddle our sweet boy up, give him a bath (nothing better than a clean baby swaddled up in a hooded towel) and take tons of pictures and video (hope he doesn't mind the mama paparazzi). 


Check out the little onesie--couldn't pass that one up!

The excitement is building as I get ready to meet our little boy in just 1 week!  I feel unbelievably blessed that God has given us one more baby to love.  I'm going to savor every last minute (and Nick has told me this is most certainly the last, so I had better savor it up ;-)

The whole family is bursting to welcome this sweet little one to the family.

***STAY TUNED FOR  A TREES OF GLORY FUNDRAISING BLITZ***
I'm hoping to be able to buy school supplies while I'm there for the beginning of their school year.


I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.  Psalm 34:4

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.  Psalm 86:12


5 comments:

  1. so excited for you! praise the Lord!! can't wait to see a picture of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you. Seven is a wonderful number; one of God's perfect numbers. You are incredibly blessed. And so is that sweet little baby who has no idea what blessings are flooding his way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Yay! Yay! I have goosebumps for you! So wonderful to read this post :) bless you guys. We are so happy for you. God is good!

    Chelsey Welwood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! We have a court date on the same day! I'm not sure how I found your blog but I've been following it for a few months. Who knows...maybe we will see each other there. So don't be freaked out if some stranger approaches you and says, "I read your blog..." ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck! God bless you and your baby Boy!

    ReplyDelete