Sunday, September 9, 2012

Growing Up and Getting Ready

Since the chances of me actually getting a baby book put together for Eli are slim to none, I thought I could at least post a few photos of his first few months as we have watched him grow up in pictures.

This is the first picture we saw of our sweet boy (yes, he's wearing girl clothes--a theme that will be repeated :-)  We were just in awe of what a blessing God had bestowed on us.  Such a handsome little guy.  We knew right away that he was meant to be our son.


2 months old

2 1/2 months
 3 1/2 months
4 month with a package from home.
 
Sporting his favorite color pink at 5 1/2 months
he would make a pretty cute girl (5 1/2 months)

Here he is at 6 months old when I went for court.  He has the sweetest little features!
and the happiest little smile
 
Here's the latest picture we've received of him at almost 7 months old with his nanny.
I can't believe how much he has grown since I saw him last.
 
This past week, I could hardly sleep and woke up early several days in a row.  I couldn't shut my mind off to the lengthening list of "to dos" before Eli comes home (let the nesting begin).  Number one on the list was to get the crib out of storage and get the boys room ready for their new baby brother.  What a relief it was to get that checked off my list.


Lexi knows we're getting ready for another little one.  She guarded the crib all afternoon.

Our case is almost ready to be submitted to the US Embassy for final clearance for us to come and pick him up.  We are hoping and praying our file will be ready by this Wednesday (files can only be submitted on Wednesdays, so if not this Wednesday, we'll have to wait until the next or the next, but we're praying it's not that long :-). 

 I can hardly believe that we have been given this amazing gift and he is almost home!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I've been wondering what is happening with your case. Can't wait to see the "after" photos of him home with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing! He is so sweet... makes me want a baby!! Praying you get to travel soon!

    ReplyDelete