Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gardening

My attempt at getting all of the kids in front of the finished product (Colton wasn't having it).





We've been busy over the past few weeks. We started a gardening unit in school last month and have been learning about seeds/plants/vegetables/flowers. We've started a nice collection of lima beans on the window sill along with lettuce, tomatoes and watermelon. For those of you who know me, I have a really hard time keeping living things of the plant variety alive (so far, I have a pretty good track record of keeping the children fed and watered). So, it will be interesting to see how long we can keep our little plants alive. We also started our first ever fruit and vegetable garden. We've planted tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and strawberries and hope to be enjoying a yummy salad and strawberry shortcake this summer.

2 comments:

  1. How cute. Good Luck. You must of inherited you ability to "not" keep plants alive from me. Every plant that has ever been given to me sadly bites the dust. This is going to be so much fun for the kids.
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. You must of inherited my ability "not" to keep plants alive. Every plant I have ever received has "bites the dust". This will be so much fun for you, Nick and the kids.
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete