Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful

This weekend, I made these cute candy turkeys. I try not to boast or brag-especially on this blog-but, these took me a lot longer than I expected and I just had to share. It's not my recipe, I just googled "oreo turkeys" and came up with several variations and it really doesn't take any skill, just time. The kids loved them--they were very THANKFUL for them.

Today in school, the older kids wrote about being THANKFUL. Here's Rahel's paragraph
I'll translate through the spelling and grammar:


I am thankful. The two things that I am thankful for are family and food. The first thing I am thankful for is family. I am thankful for family because I have a new family. The second thing I'm thankful for is food because first I do not have food. I am thankful for it because God said be thankful for it.


We are THANKFUL for her. Rahel is a happy, funny, kind, smart and thoughtful girl. She has blended into our family beautifully and it's hard to remember life before she came home. She has such a great sense of humor, she's helpful and she works very hard.

She's also a great artist. She did this free hand by simply looking at one of Caroline's coloring books. At first I thought she was tracing the drawings, but then I watched her as she looked intently back and forth and drew it by sight. My drawings still look like a first graders, so to see a child draw like this who has had such little exposure to art is amazing.


She's picked up soccer like a champ and is getting stronger and more coordinated with each practice.


She lives life with a smile (well most of the time--as long as you don't serve broccoli or cauliflower for dinner :-)




Even with the all of the heart ache, huge life changes and loss she has experienced, she's embraced us as her "new family" and we are so THANKFUL for her.




In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

2 comments:

  1. I love the sack race picture. That's the perfect picture of her. I'm thankful she's in our family now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have goosebumps and tears just streaming down my face. She is so amazing. I can not believe how well she writes and draws. She is so talented. Ok, I want to adopt again. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete