Friday, September 16, 2011

Are We Guilty?

I've seen this article mentioned a few place today and it has really got me thinking. Having witnessed poverty beyond my imagination while in Ethiopia and then returning home to my comfy house to process it all, have I taken what I've seen (at the expense of those who are living it) and done anything to make it better for them? It's so easy to file those images away and get caught up in the daily activities that consume us. So many times, we put these things in the "oh that's so sad" category, but never do much about it.

But the bible says, "Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act." Proverbs 24:12

Praying that the memories of those I've seen living in desperate poverty will not be forgotten or pushed aside, but will instead continue to spur our family on to do more to serve others as Jesus would.

No comments:

Post a Comment