Sunday, February 17, 2019

July 2018

We'll call July the month of Goats and Boats.

We spent as much of our free time as we could on the lake.  One of our favorite things to do is to invite friends to join us.



Boating and ice cream with the Brackens.


Eli and his awesome curls.




And the newest additions to Desta Farms joined us, Rosy and Daisy.  
Our sweet Nigerian Dwarf goats.  What could be cuter?



 





We all love them (they beat having pigs hands down).

More boating with these lovely ladies.






Captain Nick did an awesome job all summer navigating the waters and making sure we were all having a blast.


Our little garden was quite fruitful.  I always joke that the only thing I can keep alive are kids....this year we got to add a few more things to the list.



A great shot of the kids and our resident grandparents.

And a particularly beautiful sunset.  
I captured this sunset after a pretty stormy time in my life and it just captured me.  Even though it had been nearly two years since we moved away from most of our friends and family, I was still struggling (and still do) with the loss and the change.  I had let my emotions build into an ugly outburst and hurt some people with my words.  This day on the lake brought a little healing to those relationships.


As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4:1-3

Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 “In your anger do not sin”[d]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.
Ephesians 4:25-26



No comments:

Post a Comment